Dhahran Geoscience Society (DGS) provides access to technical information, networking opportunities, geological field trips, and many other exclusive benefits.
Individuals fulfilling the following membership requirements are welcome to join the Dhahran Geoscience Society.
An Individual fulfilling the following requirements is eligible to join Dhahran Geoscience Society as:
- An individual who has contributed significantly to the Society and/or to the understanding of development of geoscience within the Arabian Peninsula.
- An honorary member is determined by the Executive Committee.
- A geoscientist holding a college degree in geoscience or related scientific field.
- Or an individual who has attained an equivalent technical standing to that above by experience.
- A full-time geoscience student in a college, university, or other educational institution of equivalent academic standing.
- Or a full-time student who is interested in DGS.
Dhahran Geoscience Society (DGS) provides access to technical information, networking opportunities, geological field trips, and many other exclusive benefits that include:
- Networking opportunities with professionals from all disciplines of the geosciences sector through dinner and technical luncheon meetings, courses, conferences and symposia.
- Opportunity to join local and international geological field trips at subsidized rates.
- Potential sponsorship of outstanding students to attend international conferences and competitions.
- Opportunity to improve leadership skills through volunteering and participation in elected committees.
- Opportunity to vote in executive committee elections.
- Access to the Society’s newsletter “The Oil Drop”.
- Savings on all Society courses and other educational events.
- Special discounted member rates for dinner and technical luncheon meetings.
- The professional annual membership fee for joining DGS is SR75.
- Eligible student members are exempt from membership fees since August, 2008.
Becoming a DGS Member
If you are interested in joining DGS, please complete the online application form at http://dgsonline.org/register. Once registered, you will receive an e-mail with your membership information and a verification link. Use the e-mailed link to verify and activate your membership. Once you become an active DGS member, you will automatically be added to our mailing list to keep you informed about our latest events. If you encounter any issues during registration, please contact our membership liaison on: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are already a member and would like to view or update your membership information, please log in to your DGS profile at http://dgsonline.org/profile